Thursday 19 March 2015

Peanut butter cookies.

So mum found this recipe on Facebook
and we decided to try it out.
(I'll include it at the bottom of the post)


Mum's shaping them while I glaze and dock it.


After baking, tadaaa!
It smells really good!
However, the taste wasn't as good as the one we bought
at the market for Chinese New Year this year.
Whoever that made the recipe for peanut cookie deserved an award.
The recipe we used wasn't too bad, just wasn't as good.
It smelled fragrant, the cookie was smooth,
but it didn't melt as fast the cookie we bought when we 
placed it in our mouths.
The sweetness was alright, not too sweet, which is good.
But if people said it was good, I'll make it again because the recipe's too simple!



Recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies.

150g smooth peanut butter
85g icing sugar
50g peanut oil
250g superfine flour
1 egg yolk
1 tsp water

- combine peanut butter, icing sugar and oil and mix evenly
- add sifted superfine flour and mix well
- shape it and glaze it with the egg yolk and water mixture
- bake at 150ÂșC for 15 minutes or until golden brown

P/S: I substituted the peanut oil with canola oil because we didn't have peanut oil. I added more oil to the dough because when I beat the dough, it was crumbly. But my mum said excess oil wasn't necessary because the dough will "secrete oil" when you shape it later on.